Sunday, December 5, 2010

New Type of Game


In NYT, it says buying virtual goods become an usual things to do for everyone, especially Facebook users. A lot of money is already made with virtual goods. It would be fantastic business, or new type of business.  NTY says Virtual goods have been commonplace for a long time, now the mainstream is moving to USA for not only video game users, but also ordinary people. People were interested in playing casual games, and also paying few dollars.  People can give and take a gift from their Facebook friends worth 1 dollar, which encourages more people to be invited in playing game. and that relationship between invitation, and gift will be profitable to the game company

Zynga has become one of the most popular game companies recently with the social network site, Facebook.  Facebook users can play Zynga’s games through Facebook website. It is really easy to play. It does not require formal installation, graphic cards, and high quality of computer devices. After clicking three or four buttons shown on the Facebook website, you can play the games such as Mafiawar, Farmvile and Frontierville. The great advantage of Zynga’s games is that you can play with friends that you have through Facebook connection. People can invite their friends, give gifts, share their data, join the ranking system, and see how their friends are doing. This f that people play game with their friends through social network website was very renovating, and impressive.

Personally, I never played Zynga’s games until this assignment. But after playing for while, I realized that it is really fun doing it, and sharing my data with my friends. It makes me feel like participating with my friends even though I totally play alone. It was somewhat different than ordinary games. when I used to play games, I did it with male friends, or people who are interested in games. but in the case of Zynga’s game, I could play with more diverse friends. For example, I could participate in the games with girl friends, professor, dorm friends, and any friends across the world. We could give gifts to each other, gain rewarding, and share our data with each other. it was pretty different experience. It was more than a just casual game, it was great tool that relates me to other friends with great bond, and that is Zynga’s games.  I would make a great social bond while playing game which is really good advantage of Zynga’s games.

Here’s my question for you guys, do you think it would make people’s relationship stronger by giving gift, or sharing data to each other? 

No comments:

Post a Comment