Sunday, October 24, 2010

Whats on your Screen?



The popularity of video games is taking over, and its reaching gamers through all types of medium, the internet especially. It seems that the public has their eye on a new screen and its not cable television. Computers are rising in popularity every year, as well as gaming consoles. Neilsen states that "between '04 &'06 there was an 18.5 % expansion of the U.S households with tvs that also have a video game console and U.S computer &video-game software sales grew 6% in '07 to $9.5 billion, more than tripling industry software since '96". Video game consoles have reached new levels in technology, which is also a reason why they're becoming so popular. New gaming systems as the Xbox AND pS3 have the same technology as a computer processor, and can be hooked to your televsion. That mean many users can browse the web and play online games from their own television.

The technology may be convenient and useful in gaming consoles, but most importantly, its entertaining! popular games such as Starcraft 2, World of Warcraft and Halo Reach have very detailed graphics and storylines that draw attention from all over the world! It is also a way to communicate with people all over the world, keep in touch with friends and family, and meet new gamers.

How often do you use your television and what do you use it for?


3 comments:

  1. I rarely watch TV because I can watch everything online. The only time I use TV is to play my Xbox 360. I see no point of having TV nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll use the television to watch the occasional show or play a video game, but most of my movie and show watching happens on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. starmax a5

    ReplyDelete