Saturday, September 18, 2010

Online Keyboard-warrior.

First off, let me post the link where I got the inspiration to write this:

http://borderhouseblog.com/?p=2195

(I like borderhouse so far, so I am digging their old articles)

There once was a famous WoW user named... drakedog. He was so good at WoW that he was literally worldwidely known for his supreme skill set. He was also known as the guild master of EE, which if I remember correctly it was something of Evil .. and I do not recall or selectively deleted what's next.

Unlike his superior fame throughout world, Korean WoW users were polarized about him; it's either you worship him, or hate him till Alliance takes over the horde! (I do have Nightelf Priest). It was because he and his guildmen were very violent, and known for their dirty words and actions.

I, myself met those people couple of times and needless to say I did not like them at all; but some others thought otherwise, and not a day passes by without fighting between whether someone support EE! or not.

Hate speech and actions cannot be justified by any means and it will not be. Although American constitutions does allow the freedom of speech, I must wonder if there is any freedom of 'not want to listen those bullcraps'. Filtering, yes, can be a solution, but it is only temporary and it will not stop the cause itself.

I named this post 'online keyboard-warrior' because they usually are really coward and nothing like their brave avatars. I do have couple of incidents where I was so pissed off that I ask him/her to meet me face-to-face. It is not the best experiences you would like to have.

What do you think about those hate-speeches? what do you think the solutions?

1 comment:

  1. I think there is no one who want to have a hate-speeches while playing game. it is conflict that involve an individual or group actively opposing another because of many reasons such as insulting words, making fun of and difference in goals. I don't think that filtering system will stop hate-speech as whole, but it will be best option for now.

    ReplyDelete