Tuesday, September 28, 2010

WoW Funeral March (real)

This video is a machinima from WoW. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgDTwg_60g8

This is an actual funeral (real) of one of the players in WoW clan. Other members of the guild took this video as a way to pay a tribute to the dead member of their clan. It was very touching and made me realize that game in general (including machinima) can be "real" just like real world. Take a look at the video and comments regarding the video and let me know what you guys think.

3 comments:

  1. I dont play World of Warcraft anymore, but i find this very touching. I respect those players for caring so much about Chris. Although the funeral takes place in a virtual game space, this means a lot to him. I was very impressed to see that a MMOG game can adapt and practice a real life ceremonies in the game space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, touching, I mean I've never seen some kind of people like that in the video. they seem like real social community people. The member of guild did everything they could for him. i think Wow was really good way for him to make a connection with people, and this awesome guild. nothing is more touching than this video..

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is very touching. With all the background music and the character moving, it definitely looks like a real world to me. Through a funeral in a game, it gives the game lover who passed away a certain level of respect that is totally different from the real world's funeral since Wow is something that he cares a lot about.

    ReplyDelete